Friday 7 November 2014

Error 404: Suitable Topic Not Found

Down with dengue, I am grounded at home
In a flash of inspiration, I decided to pen this poem
I am still searching left, center and right
For a suitable topic on which I can write.

Let me write about the Father of my Nation
He is one helluva inspiration
Already done a piece on him, I guess
Alas! I'll have to go to another address

A political party could be a potential theme
Being a centrist, don't care much for Modi's team
Meanwhile the Congress is in a decline ultra-rapid
All the other parties seem insipid

Let me rant about the ALS Ice Bucket
Or the futility of launching a rocket
I could indulge in some verbal arson
Maybe, I could go about belittling a person

What if I publish a post about racism?
Or on the visible day-to-day sexism?
Attempt these topics another day I might
For now, I'd like something light

If you have an idea, please comment
Thanks to you guys, I may get my 'Eureka!' moment
Till then, with folded hands, I'll fervently pray
That, soon, the 'hypo-creativity' phase passes away
And a wonderful topic comes my way


No comments:

Post a Comment